Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Marvin Taylor, Wilbur Walton, Jack Brinkley, King David & The Slaves

From: Marvin Taylor
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:16:41 -0500
To:
Subject: Hey Greg!

Hi Buddy

So glad to see the project is still growing and moving. In that vein, Bryan Cole and I just finished a project together - we finally produced one with ourselves as the artists! Remind me of you mailing address and I will send you a copy. You can check it out at www.myspace.com/coletaylorsongs;


Marvin Taylor

http://www.myspace.com/marvintaylorsongs;


Five Feathers Music
2935 Wendy Lane
Marietta, GA 30062
Tel. 678-560-0205
Toll Free 1-800-929-7026
Home of BAND IN THE POCKET
Excellent Backing Tracks for Practicing Musicians



Marvin,

Great to hear from you; are you and Java Monkey still playing? If so, we would love to post venues and dates. I really enjoyed seeing y'all those couple of times. The time with Francine Reed was special. I guess you have heard that your old band mate Wilbur Walton is performing and recording. The Hey Baby Days ride again

Regards,

Greg

Wilbur Walton, Buddy Buie, et. al.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YpVtW4cKvo




P.S. What about a joint concert? K Otics, Swingin’ Medallions, Wilbur Walton and the Strange Gang and the Rockin Gibraltars

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


Greetings,

I found your information online while searching for a friend of mine
from Georgia named Jack Brinkley. Jack and I worked at several of the radio stations in southern Georgia. In the information online someone wrote in 2006 that "Jack still has a great voice" so I'm curious if anyone may know how to contact him.

Thanks

Jason,

Jason,

Last time I saw Jack was at a distance at Eddie Peede's memorial service. He, Randall Bramblett and other members of the famed King David and the Slaves band paid tribute to Eddie by singing "My Girl." (A favorite of Eddie’s) Randall sang lead but I did see Jack with his group "Second Chance" at the Jekyll Island Beach Music Festival and YES, he still has the great vocals. For a ride back to the past, check out Jack doing a promo for one of my productions back in the 60s at Vintage Sounds, scroll down the band page at www.heybabydays.com (battle of bands) Regarding getting in touch with Jack, I think he lives in either Odum or Screven, Georgia. If phone number is not in book email me back and I'll contact some people who may know.

Regards

Greg Haynes

http://www.heybabydays.com/sounds.htm


Next posting to have a bunch of vintage photos from The Heeey Baby Days!

No comments: