Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Events from Hey Baby Days featuring Check Mates, Rockin' Gibraltars, Rubber Band, Gene & The Team Beats, Gentrys, Five Aces and Drifters







December 2, 2008 Hacienda Pinilla, Guantacaste, Costa Rica

This is the first international post for the Hey Baby Days blog from a slice of paradise on the Pacific Ocean. We have been going back through a mountain of material that we have received from many sources and beginning today, we will present some items straight from the Heeey Baby Days of Beach Music.

4 comments:

Jeffers66 said...

I loved seeing that pic of Gene & The Team Beats. I have a couple of well-worn 45s by those guys. Jeff L.

heybabydays said...

Jeff:

Only wished we had been able to get more for the book about Gene & The Team Beats because the were a hot band in the era in Virginia. I think there may be a cut or two on the complilation series by the band. Thanks for your comment.

Regards,


Greg

heybabydays said...

Jeff,

By the way, I now know how you feel when you told me about some bands that you should have included in you book.

Regards,

Greg

sherriandjack said...

I have an old 45 by the group on Raven Records out of Danville. I believe they were based in Martinsville. Rickie Fox played drums and this was his first group. He went on to play with The Soulmasters, City Council and Fox and Co. Great memories.